That’s a good question. Why WordPress?
Firstly, let us have a look at the DIY websites.
We understand that some people think WordPress websites are cost-prohibitive, and as a result, they go for what they think is a cheaper or free option and use sites such as Wix, Weebly, Squarespace or GoDaddy, to name a few.
BUT… wait for it! They’re not FREE or cheaper!
There are pros and cons for every DIY website builder. Such as:
- Fast and easy to use
- Monthly fees (then tax on top of that)
- You only get a few emails. (If you want more, you pay for more)
- It’s all drop and drag. (You can’t get any easier than that, right)
- You don’t get the same flexibility or custom design as a WordPress website without costing you an arm and a leg.
The most significant CON is you don’t own the site. Sometimes, you can move the site and make it your own for a fee. So, why wouldn’t you have a web design company build you a WordPress site that is your own? That’s right! Your own.
- It’s intuitive and easy to use
- Drop and drag
- Multiple emails
- Best of all, you own it
The benefits of a WordPress website go on and on. If you engage with a reputable web design company, they do all the work for you. 3Bellas offers a complete setup of domain name (your choice, and subject to availability), SSL, hosting, and custom design, maintenance and support.
Ongoing Costs are NO Secret
A website is not a set-and-forget. There are ongoing costs that must be paid by you regardless of the type of website you have – for example
- .SSL Certificate (annually)
- Your Hosting Plan (annually)
- Your Domain Name (annually)
Benefits of having a maintenance package
- Ensures your website is running smoothly
- Remains up-to-date
- Maintain the latest features and technologies
- Enhanced security
- Optimised performance
- Improved UX
- Increase conversion rates
- Regular backups of your data
Risks of not having a maintenance package
If you choose not to have a maintenance package, you leave your website open to viruses, malware, cyber-attacks, etc.
Not taking out a maintenance package and having a web company update once every so often can go very wrong. Your website will start doing this…
- Data can be added or deleted in the backend of your site
- WordPress Code can be compromised
- Prospective clients get diverted to other sites from your domain 🤯
- Pages break
- Malicious code will break your website
- High cost due to hours of work needed to clean the website, update plugins, and clean the site
It’s a no-brainer to take care of your website with regular maintenance. The alternative could cost you thousands of dollars. Maintenance is a cost-effective way of maintaining your brand’s online presence; after all, it is the only 24/7 advertising tool you have.
History has shown that neglect in this area causes significant frustration, stress, anxiety, and cost when it can be easily avoided.
Maintenance is not just about updating plugins and backing up your website; it’s about taking care of the website to protect your investment.
We provide a number of maintenance packages because all websites are not the same. We pride ourselves on the care we take to keep your brand out there; check them out here.