When was the last time you took a long hard look at your website? Nothing like a hard-hitting question right upfront.
So, when was it? I’m emphasising that you need to do this on a regular basis and here is why.
Your website is the only 24/7 advertising tool that you have. It’s online working hard for you all day every day. So why are so many neglected? They are not a set and forget.
Let me ask you another question then. When you visit your #1 advertising tool, and there are broken links and/or the copyright date is <2020 does it make you wonder how current the information is; are you going to find the information that you’re looking for?
Here’s my impression of outdated and unkept websites. They’re bad for business. I for one will not spend money at a website that is less than appealing. So the newsflash here is, I’m not the only one.
There is a solution and it’s pretty simple. If you don’t have a maintenance program with 3Bellas then you need to do this yourself.
- Once a month check all the links on your website, make sure they go where they are supposed to.
- Update your content regularly, start a blog or update your offer. Google loves active websites.
- Keep your plugins up to date. Deactivate ones you are no longer using or delete them altogether.
- Always make sure you have the latest version of your website running.
- Keep SPAM to a minimum by having some great security plugins, and regularly checking and deleting SPAM comments from your website.
These 5 basic 3Bellas tips are the best way to keep your website working by yourself. You wouldn’t keep your car running without regular service. Your #1 advertising tool needs the same attention.
However, if you don’t have the time to do that, we have some amazing maintenance packages that will keep your website shining like a new penny. If taking care of your site isn’t for you, click here to check out how we can help you.